Monday, February 4, 2013

Interesting article

I have read an interesting article on Bloomberg. You can read it here: Bloomberg article
Basically Mercedes had a rise in sales of 11% in January, and the article mentions that it got a jump start on BMW. I find that really peculiar. USA is still recovering from the economic crisis. The Mercedes (and BMW) are both premium brands, and as such are quite expensive. I was always wondering how much money do people make who have enough money to buy such cars. Obviously more than I expected. Considering that in USA there are many people who are homeless, starving and such this news is quite shocking. People keep on spending on luxury items. I know what some of you are going to say: "Who has money can spend it". But I can't keep not wondering who are those people? Bankers who get huge bonuses despite their banks being deep in red? Not ordinary people at any rate. People who are struggling for living are definitely not thinking about buying a luxury car. Or they still try to get a second (or third!) mortgage on their under appreciated house in order to show of their brand new Mercedes!


No comments:

Post a Comment